Monday, March 6, 2017

I guess the Sydney Morning Herald doesn't want men to know donor children

So I posted a comment to the SMH article about "All children deserve to know who their parents are" which basically stated that the argument about are right to heritage extends downwards as well as upwards.

Put simply, a donor father should also have a right to contact any donor children once they reach a certain age.

Apparently my comment was a bit too sensitive, since it didn't make it past moderation.

I guess the headline should rather be "All children deserve to know who their parents are but not the other way around".

P.S.  I've submitted the following comment and will see if it makes it past the gatekeepers:

"They should have the right as the donors should also have the right to have contact with the children.
A right to know ones heritage also extends down the family tree, as well as up."

I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment