Thursday, February 6, 2014

He falters, yet gets back up...

Well this week has really been a mixed bag.

For the whole week I've been going for several walks, even in the 30+ degrees we've been having, which makes me sweaty enough just standing around, let alone purposely walking in it!

I was doing so well with my plan to not eat desserts at all until this morning.  My company (who shall remain nameless) gathered everyone in the office into a central place to give everyone the not-so-good financial results of 2013.  It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either.

Not going into any more detail than that, I fell off the wagon and bought a piece of slice.  After I'd eaten it I felt really bad about compromising the progress I'd made all week.  Resolving to try something else the next time I'm feeling bad about my job, I chalked this up to experience and moved on.

I was so tempted, given that I'd just broken my resolve once, to just write the whole day off, but I didn't.  I made one mistake and I need to move on.  The last thing I should do to myself is 'punish' myself by giving in to more cravings and setting myself back.

It's only three more days before my first weigh in and I'm sure I've made at least a little progress.

I've purposely avoided trying on any of my shirts that don't quite fit me (picture a tight shirt on someone with the body of Zach Galifianakis) and I feel that if I try them on too soon and they're still too tight I might get disheartened.  I know I shouldn't expect big results in my first week, but in my experience in any diet or change in lifestyle, the most weight is lost in the first few weeks.  If the changes I've made don't result in much weight loss at all, then I can hardly expect for it to get better later on.

I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it and, for now, I'll have to continue to brave the hot weather we're expecting here in Melbourne over the next week with an average of 35 degree Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit for those people so inclined) to keep up my walking!


No comments:

Post a Comment