Sunday, March 30, 2014

Long time working, losing ground

Well, it's been a while since my last post and a lot has happened.

I've actually put on 0.2 kg, so I'm not overly happy with how my weight is going, but I know that I've not been eating the best (I had two birthday parties to go to on Saturday alone) and I've also not taken the time to exercise.

On the home front, however, I've been making good progress.  I've sold a total of twelve things on eBay and have averaged about $50 per sale for my old Super Nintendo (SNES) and Nintendo 64 (N64) games.  I had listed sixteen items last week, but shouldn't be surprised that most of the Nintendo DS games didn't sell as the market is currently flooded with them (they are still current) so I think I'll store those away until their value has increased a bit.  I've pretty much sold all of the games I was planning on selling (will still keep some as it'll be handy to introduce children into computer games without having to fork out hundreds of dollars for the latest system), only a few left.

I'm now planning on using the fifty free listings per month that eBay allows and going to start listing other things as well, like books and DVDs.  Looking through my garage and book shelves, there really is such a thing as too many things.

Another positive is that we've now taken delivery of the cot and so the process of converting the study into a nursery.  We're a little early (4 months to be exact) but the way I see it is the more we do now, the less we do later.  Also, there's no point in hanging onto the study for another four months when it'll become the baby's room for the next 18 or so years, so there's really no point in delaying the inevitable.

Anyways, today is Monday 31st of March and my current weight is 112.2 kg (1.0 kg lost, 32.2 kg to go).

Looking at the fact that since starting this blog I've only actually lost 1 kg, I'm really going to have to start making some big commitments...  but that is a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment