Sunday, March 9, 2014

Two steps forward, one step back

It's been two weeks since my last weigh in and I was justified in being nervous: I had put on 0.3 kg in weight.

Having focused on all of the different things in my life (career progressing training, getting my house ready for baby and other things) I had neglected both my diet and my regular walks.

The up side was that I've finally completed over a week of training which has taken me away from my usual duties (my job is such that I'm still expected to complete those duties, despite being on away on business related training) which will keep my busy with catching up on the back-log, but at least I'll be back in the driver's seat.

One of the downs I had was that a friend's ashes were placed in his family plot last Friday.  He'd passed away late last year from cancer and it was very upsetting for all who knew him to lose him.  True to his character, he never told us he even had cancer because he probably didn't want to burden his friends with his problems.  He was a great person and he'll be sorely missed.

On the up side, I've rounded up most of my old video games and have started photographing and cataloging them in preparation for posting up on eBay.  I'm not sure how I'll go, or even if I'm doing it right, but time will tell.
I've decided to drip feed my games onto eBay as I don't want to overload myself with having to package and mail out fifty different packages to fifty different address in a single week.  I'm also thinking about potential buyers who may not be able to afford to buy multiple items from me in a single week.

So far I've listed five of the items and, if that all goes to plan, I'll probably post up ten per week until I have sold all the games, at which point I'll start putting up other items around the house to clear out, like books and DVDs.

With all the stuff I'd amassed (extra weight around my belly aside) in my years of living at home with my parents I'd say that, if I sell 40 items per month I should be inventory free by about November... of 2025!

Of course there are many things that I'll want to keep for sentimental value, other things that I'll keep to let my children play with, but I really do have a lot of stuff that is just taking up room that perhaps someone out there may want.

Anyway, I've made good progress in my way forward, just not in the weight department.  I must get back to watching what I eat (not easy on training when so much temptation!) and going for walks.  Hopefully we won't have too many more hot days left this year.

Today is Sunday March 9th, 2014 and my current weight is 112.0 kg (1.2 kg lost, 32.0 kg to go).

No comments:

Post a Comment