Thursday, November 13, 2014

Penis chopping woman eligible for parole this month

Jian Chen, known for chopping off her ex-partner's penis and then ONLY getting three years jail after he DIED from his wounds, will be eligible for parole this month.

I wonder if the media will cover this newsworthy article in light of the spate of articles denouncing domestic violence and partner deaths.

Oh wait, no they won't.

If I wanted to stir the pot I could suggest the reason that no one cares is because the guy who died was Asian, but the reality is most likely that it's because he was male and she was female.

I wonder if any newspaper will do any kind of tribute to Xian Peng and tell his side of the story, much like they do when a woman is the victim, but I highly doubt anyone would even know the name Xian Peng let alone have a newspaper report about a guy who died in a gruesome way or at least a story about any children who have lost their father.

I'm not holding my breath on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment